Please take a look below at our two gifted counselors:
Natalie Southward is the founder and Director of Life Transformation Counseling. She is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the state of Florida and an active member of the American Counseling Association (ACA) and the Florida Mental Health Counselors Association. She holds a Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling from Nova Southeastern University, and a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology with minors in Sociology and Religion from Southeastern University.
Natalie has over 13 years of experience in the mental health field. She is trained in Gottman Couples Therapy and is a Gottman “Bringing Baby Home” and “Seven Principles” Educator, specializing in evidence-based couples therapy based on over 40 years of marital research. She also has extensive experience counseling individuals, families, adolescents, and couples using an integrated approach of Biblical truths and researched-based clinical treatment. Natalie has a passion for others and believes she is called to be an agent of change in the lives of those she serves.
In addition to her work as a counselor, Natalie enjoys speaking at various organizations, including schools, community groups and churches. She has presented on a variety of topics, including:
- Codependency and recovery
- Anxiety and depression
- Understanding the armor of God
- Physical, emotional, relational and sexual health
- Pornography addiction
- Healthy communication and conflict resolution for couples and families
- Empowerment of women to be who God has called them to be
Natalie is also a featured presenter on the National Marriage Seminars and Couple Strong website. Natalie welcomes the opportunity to be a speaker for your next event. If you are interested, please contact me for more information.
In her personal life, Natalie is married to her best friend Eric. They have two daughters, 21 and 5years old, and 2 year old son. Having faced many challenging life situations of her own, Natalie believes that one of her greatest strengths is the ability to relate to others going through life hurts and struggles. It is her fundamental belief that positive changes can result from a healthy counseling approach. She serves clients at any stage of their spiritual walk and is fully trained to counsel from a Biblical perspective.
“Counseling is an individual experience. We are all from different walks of life trying to find answers and healthy ways to survive. The journey is where we truly grow!”
Certification and Education
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, State of Florida (License MH13104)
- Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
- Minor in Sociology and Religion
- Certified in Prepare and Enrich
- Certified Creating a Responsible Thinker (CART) trainer/facilitator
- Certified in the Functional Assessment Rating Scale (Certification #: 805-010-669)
- Gottman Couples Therapy: Levels 1, 2, and 3
- Seven Principles Educator
- Bringing Baby Home Educator
- Prepare Enrich Facilitator
- Soul Healing Love curriculum
- Courses in Counseling and Addiction Studies (toward CAP certification)
- Women and Co-occurring Disorders
- HIV/AIDS Prevention
- Relapse Prevention
- Control of Aggression Techniques
- Spirit FM (The Big Big House Morning Show guest appearances)
- Crossover Church, Idlewild Baptist Church, Oak Grove Church
- Celebrate Recovery
- Steinbrenner High School
- LifeCare Pregnancy Center
- Community events
Jamie Johnson is a registered mental health counselor in the state of Florida. She has her Masters Degree in Professional Counseling from Liberty University along with a Bachelors Degree in Psychology with a focus in Christian Counseling. Jamie is passionate about helping others and believes this is what God has called her to do. She believes that through genuine support and a trusting relationship she can help her clients find hope and accomplish their goals.
Not only does Jamie have a heart and passion for helping hurting people and the experience and training to do so, but she has personally faced difficult life circumstances that make it easy for her to relate to and understand the pain of her clients. Jamie’s desire is to help her clients overcome difficulties, function well both emotionally and psychologically, and become all that God desires them to be. She accomplishes this by integrating Biblical truth with research-based therapeutic treatment, suited to fit the specific needs of each of her clients.
Jamie works with teens, couples, and individuals, dealing with: anxiety, depression, trauma, self-harming, ADHD, co-dependency, relational difficulty, eating disorders, anger, identity/self image issues, parenting Issues, spiritual and Biblical guidance needs, career concerns, family conflict, and other related struggles.
Certification and Education:
• Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern, State of Florida (License IMH 15988)
• Master’s Degree in Professional Counseling
• Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology: Christian Counseling
• Certified in Prepare and Enrich